Saturday, August 15, 2009

Using Cricut instead of stencils or punches for your I-Top

For the original post on cutting out the paper for the brad tops with Cricut (along with the cut file using Accent Essentials), click HERE. Please note: I made a minor adjustment to the large size brad cut file, so if you do have the large attachment please download the cut file again. I don't have any way of testing the large brad file, so if anyone can test it & let me know, I'd sure appreciate it.

If you don't have Design Studio but do have Accent Essentials, here is what you need to do:
  1. You will be using the sixth key on the top row, with the shift key pressed (do NOT press the feature key).
  2. If you have the CE, set your machine so that instead of quarter inch increments, you can increase (or decrease) the size of the image by tenths of an inch.
  3. For the small, cut out size 1.3 (it is 1.313 on the cut file I designed, fyi)
  4. For the medium, cut out size 1.9 (it is 1.875 on the cut file I designed)
  5. For the large, cut out size 2.1 or 2.2 (2.125 is what I have in the cut file I designed)--I need someone to test this & let me know what works best as I do not have the attachment for the large brad at present.

I figured these out according to how much space needed to be in the middle of the shape before the pointy edges started, and how large the image needed to be overall.

Also, the thinner the fabric, paper, etc. that you use, the better the brad will look.

Please let me know if you have any comments, questions, or suggestions. I will try to figure something out for George and/or other carts so that those who don't have AE can use their Cricut to cut these out as well.

Thank you again to Oh My Crafts for this wonderful kit. Click HERE to see the kit, which is 20% off right now.



---------------------


A proud member of The Lime Light, a charity-based design team. Click on over to see what we are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to know the best way to look for a job? Check out http://jobhuntingwarrior.blogspot.com/

Feel free to add your pic, a pet's pic...whatever makes you happy!

Looking for the FREE ZONE (free blog background sites, free font sites...)

That information has been moved to the Imagine That Plus site so that this site will load faster (that one doesn't have as much, and everything is pretty much in posts & not at the bottom of every page so it loads at a pretty good rate).
  • Click HERE to go to the free fonts list
  • Click HERE to go to the list of Creative Memories consultants
  • Click HERE for the list of places that have free blog backgrounds
  • HERE is a list of very helpful Cricut links, including the ones above