Sunday, August 09, 2009

Prima Flowers in a can, Daler Rowney Oil Pastels, and the Copic blending marker

First, there's this tennis ball size can of Prima Flowers that I bought not too long ago that comes with different size and different style flowers (diff # of petals, diff shape of petals). The only color I saw was an off white. Here's some pics--some I've inked the edges too & stacked, fyi:


















Use your 40% or 50% off coupon & you'll get a great deal on these flowers. There's at least 40 if not 50 paper flowers in the can, and they are fairly thick as well. I am very impressed. Plus, if you get off white you can ink the edges like I did, spray Glimmer Mist (see previous post for info on how to make your own), etc. for a nice effect. Of course, you could do the same with any color. I just like how easy it is with white flowers, because you can basically turn them in to whatever you want through Glimmer Mist & ink. With flowers that already have color, you usually have to stick to certain colors to enhance them (which is fine depending on the project).

OK, the second thing I was playing with was some oil pastel crayons (which are about $5 for a package of 25)& Copic marker #0 (a little over $4), which I used for blending. Below you will see a flourish I stamped in pink, then I colored it with different oil crayons. The first pic is just the flourish with some oil crayons colored in; the second is with some Copic blending; and the third is with more Copic blending. The more you use, the more it blends. I also included some pics of the products used.





















To complete my post full of "guess what crafts I played with today", I happened to have some of the thicker metal pieces that different crafting companies offer. The pic isn't that great, but I do want you to see what you can do if you put even some of the thicker metals in Cuttlebug embossing folders & roll them through three or four times.







---------------------


A proud member of The Lime Light, a charity-based design team. Click on over to see what we are doing.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Gracie what a fabulous idea that you had with the flowers they look so completely different I love the distressed look (I am into distressing big time at the moment lol) thanks so much for the tutorial on how you did it I know this will come in very useful.
    Big hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete

Want to know the best way to look for a job? Check out http://jobhuntingwarrior.blogspot.com/

Feel free to add your pic, a pet's pic...whatever makes you happy!

Looking for the FREE ZONE (free blog background sites, free font sites...)

That information has been moved to the Imagine That Plus site so that this site will load faster (that one doesn't have as much, and everything is pretty much in posts & not at the bottom of every page so it loads at a pretty good rate).
  • Click HERE to go to the free fonts list
  • Click HERE to go to the list of Creative Memories consultants
  • Click HERE for the list of places that have free blog backgrounds
  • HERE is a list of very helpful Cricut links, including the ones above