Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Small Request: I'd sure appreciate your reading this post

I am finding that more and more of the sites that rank blogs are charging for the "privilege" of being ranked. The bottom line is that with a lot of them, your ranking means that you are the 14th or 15th or whatever most popular blog in your category that is willing to pay. One ranking site asked for $2 a month and another wanted $10 a month. I just didn't want to pay, and frankly thought it was wrong of them to ask since the rankings aren't as true, and they have traditionally made a good amount of money with advertising.

Why am I telling you this? While I know it's only my opinion that they shouldn't charge you to be ranked, people go to those ranking sites to find various types of blogs--and thus I would get a good amount of traffic from them. Because I have chosen to not pay those sites to be ranked, I don't get the traffic I did even two months ago, and it's a little heartbreaking.

I am asking if you would be kind enough to add me to your blog roll, or somewhere on your own blog. You certainly don't have to, it would just help potential readers find my site. Any little mention would help. I do work hard on this blog; it's a labor of love. The only thing I charge for are the semi-custom backgrounds (that are yours & yours alone) and those are at a severely reduced price. I have a number of free backgrounds that anyone can have as well as over 100 free cut files. There are links to a number of Cricut information sources (right hand column) as well as a blog roll full of inspirational blogs (inspirational as in talent that will inspire you to create the best crafts you can). Since I don't get the chance to go to the message boards as much as I would like, I don't get readers from that source either. I want you to know that I really & truly value my readers--I love your comments, I cherish my "followers", and get a kick out of the little messages you all leave me on the guestbook at the bottom.

I tried to think of incentive to help the cause, so if there are any Cricut Design Studio questions you have or overall Cricut questions, please leave comments & I will post the answer. I can even help with quite a few Cuttlebug issues if you have something you want to ask. If there are other requests you have, please let me know. Anything you want designed in Design Studio--just give me a holler.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this. I truly appreciate it. And for those of you who already have me in your blog roll, here's A BIG THANK YOU!!!
---------------------


A proud member of The Lime Light, a charity-based design team. Click on over to see what we are doing.

19 comments:

  1. You got it! I agree with the craziness of having to pay to be ranked. I will blog about your site tomorrow as well!!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got it! I am a follower, you are on my blog list, and I will blog about you tomorrow! ANything to help out another great blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sammye Jo you are an angel, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gracie I have read your post with interest and find that the charging for the privilege to be 'ranked' if so unfair but it is the sign of the times and yet another venture for some people to get money into their pockets. I for one find your blog totally unique and love to visit, you have a wealth of information that is so useful and your offer on the backgrounds is a tremendous gift free or otherwise. I will put a link and and a little something about you in my sidebar and keep it there. I hope it will help to generate some additional traffic for you.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wanted you to know that although I don't have a fully-fledged blog I do recommend yours to all of my friends because I value it greatly. Your files, advice, hints and tips are really appreciated. Have a lovely creative day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i agree with you how unfair that you would have to pay. I do follow your blog and have put you on my list
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much coldwaters2, Carole, and Norine. Your comments & your listing me mean so much to me, and I truly mean that.

    --Gracie

    ReplyDelete
  8. No problem! Done! Love what you're doing here! Have a great day Gracie!

    Roberta

    ReplyDelete
  9. No problem girl! It's as good as done! I need to talk to you, I am going to look for an email on your site here. If you don't have one please email me, my address is on my site. Thanks!!

    Roberta

    ReplyDelete
  10. Roberta thank you so much for your comment. Your art is incredible--I was WOWED when I went to your site. What incredible talent you have!

    Thanks again,
    Gracie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Gracie. I have you linked in my list of Lime Light dt members and I've also blogrolled you. Keep up the great work! ~chris

    ReplyDelete
  12. Chris you are always so sweet to me.

    Thanks for the comment (& for your incredible work on the Lime Light Design Team).

    --Gracie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've had you on my blog roll for some time now and I'm leaving you there :) How does anyone expect to get a true ranking if there is $ involved? That's just riduclous! I come here because you have the best info on the net for Cricut, CB and so many other tools. Thank you for your hard work and all the time you put into keeping us updated. It is muchly appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Diana you are as sweet as they come, and I truly mean that. Thank you for all the comments you leave, they mean so much to me. I know I owe you a cut file, I am so sorry I am behind (I hate getting sick!).

    Take care,
    Gracie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gracie! You are on BOTH of my blogs already! I agree with you on the ranking... not fair!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gracie, you know I am a huge fan and your site is at the top of my blogs to go list. I am so there with you on this stupid pay to rank scheme. It isn't fair or real.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such an awesome blog, I've always had you on my blog roll!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ladybug, Terry, Jill--You all are TOO kind. Thank you SO MUCH for including me in your blog list, I really really REALLY appreciate it!

    --Gracie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dear Gracie- I love following your blog! I'm really kind of disheartened to read this post and find out that you're not getting the credit you deserve because it revolves around money!! I'm new to blogging and crafting, and right now I'm only averaging a few hits a day to my blog, but I have your link on my page! Also, I read a lot of your posts out of Google Reader- something I've just discovered- but this means I'm not coming directly to your site. Do you think those who use this program or ones like it are affecting your ratings? I'm not sure if the website analytics track people who read your posts off the RSS feed. Ok, well you take care and have a wonderful 4th of July weekend! *hugs* Julie

    ReplyDelete

Want to know the best way to look for a job? Check out http://jobhuntingwarrior.blogspot.com/

Feel free to add your pic, a pet's pic...whatever makes you happy!

Looking for the FREE ZONE (free blog background sites, free font sites...)

That information has been moved to the Imagine That Plus site so that this site will load faster (that one doesn't have as much, and everything is pretty much in posts & not at the bottom of every page so it loads at a pretty good rate).
  • Click HERE to go to the free fonts list
  • Click HERE to go to the list of Creative Memories consultants
  • Click HERE for the list of places that have free blog backgrounds
  • HERE is a list of very helpful Cricut links, including the ones above