Sunday, January 11, 2009

Been working away

Trying to make some "life choices" as it were, and to get my mind off the stress I make cards. Some of them suck, some are OK, and some I'm pleased with. Before I go any further, I want to let those of you who applied for the Lime Light Design Team know that I am sorting through the applications & want to give each one a fair look; I will try & have the names of those who made the team tomorrow but it may be as late as Wednesday. Thank you SO MUCH for bearing with me.

OK, I heard a while back about this black cardstock that had color (instead of white) for the core. Then, as I look online, I see that it's black on one side & color on the other--they explained it very odd, such that it was black with a color core & that same color on the other side to be able to make "exciting" projects. What is it? Color cardstock with a thin layer of black on one side. However you look at it, it's a lot of fun. They have several different choices, here is the paper pad I chose:



So instead of doing what it recommends on the cover, I emboss & then sand the black side of the cardstock. Here's a look:


I would have done more to this card, but it would have covered up the embossing/sanding. Not sure I like it, but you live & learn when playing with new crafting toys.

A Proud member of The Lime Light. Click on over to see what we are doing.

2 comments:

  1. I like it. I really like the idea of doing this...just have to find the paper. Looks very cool and I don't think you should always follow directions. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really a cute card. Think you did gret with it!

    ReplyDelete

Want to know the best way to look for a job? Check out http://jobhuntingwarrior.blogspot.com/

Feel free to add your pic, a pet's pic...whatever makes you happy!

Looking for the FREE ZONE (free blog background sites, free font sites...)

That information has been moved to the Imagine That Plus site so that this site will load faster (that one doesn't have as much, and everything is pretty much in posts & not at the bottom of every page so it loads at a pretty good rate).
  • Click HERE to go to the free fonts list
  • Click HERE to go to the list of Creative Memories consultants
  • Click HERE for the list of places that have free blog backgrounds
  • HERE is a list of very helpful Cricut links, including the ones above