Sunday, December 21, 2008

Where NOT to buy your Cricut supplies

I keep seeing stories about people buying from Custom Crops & having an absolutely awful time getting either a)the correct product, b)the correct product on time, or c)both. Click on the title to go to a message board thread that will demonstrate how difficult CC can be. Every store messes up once in a while, but this really seems to be a regular event for them. So, where else besides Custom Crops can never seem to get the order right? Leave me a comment to let me know.

UPDATE: Read the reviews. Credit where credit is due. Custom Crops may be "mending their ways", or perhaps there was just a small period of time where a few customers had issues. The whole reason I posted this was because I'd seen one too many complaints about CC, not because I had one bad experience. But I think it's important to note the good experiences with the bad here.


A Proud member of The Lime Light. Click on over to see what we are doing.

6 comments:

  1. I placed an order with CC on the 15th so that i could get the free carts. the next morning my money was refunded through paypal without any explaination at all. Took me 2 phone calls, getting hung up on and 45 minutes of waiting to talk to someone. they have no idea why it was refunded, but they will be more than happy to reprocess the order. Thing is...I paid with paypal,so my money was on hold and did not get released until late Friday night. Now I am on the fence about even ordering the machine. Maybe this is a sign I am not meant to have one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weird. I've never had a problem with Custom Crops. Granted, I haven't bought the last few Cricut products from them, but I have bought several and all were received correctly and on time.

    Sorry you are having a problem with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've ordered from Custom Crops several times, and I've always had good luck. I have noticed the last couple of times it is taking longer to the orders processed (about a week, where it used to take a couple of days). When they were out of something that I had ordered, they refunded my money AND issued me a $10 instore credit. I, too, am sorry you are having a problem with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear this. I placed an order for a CE with 2 cartridges, a larger mat, and some other items. The CE was on backorder until 12/8. My package was shipped on 12/10. I had an excellent transaction with them. And the let me know each step of the way where my order stood. I would buy from them again.
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought my cricut on OhMyCrafts.com and have been very pleased. Just FYI.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been very pleased with my cricut that I ordered from OhMyCrafts.com. Just FYI.

    ReplyDelete

Want to know the best way to look for a job? Check out http://jobhuntingwarrior.blogspot.com/

Feel free to add your pic, a pet's pic...whatever makes you happy!

Looking for the FREE ZONE (free blog background sites, free font sites...)

That information has been moved to the Imagine That Plus site so that this site will load faster (that one doesn't have as much, and everything is pretty much in posts & not at the bottom of every page so it loads at a pretty good rate).
  • Click HERE to go to the free fonts list
  • Click HERE to go to the list of Creative Memories consultants
  • Click HERE for the list of places that have free blog backgrounds
  • HERE is a list of very helpful Cricut links, including the ones above