Saturday, December 20, 2008

Need help on best places to buy Scotch ATG Gun (and which model)

There's the red one (the 714, used only for 1/4" tape) and the yellow one (the 700, for 1/2" and you can buy a converter for 1/4" tape).

I found an offer on: https://www.cropandstick.com/ for the 714 for $41.60 with about $9 shipping. They are currently offering three free rolls of 1/4" 908 gold tape with each order of a 714. That's worth about $10.

So, I think I'd only use the 1/4", because if I needed to double the area with adhesive, I'd just go back over it again. I use something that's 1/4" now & seem to be OK. I'm leaning towards the 714. Plus three free rolls of 36 yard tape (if I get it from Crop & Stick).

WHICH MODEL DO YOU THINK I SHOULD GET? AND HAVE YOU FOUND IT FOR CHEAPER??

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment letting me know what you think.


A Proud member of The Lime Light. Click on over to see what we are doing.

3 comments:

  1. I got mine at framingsupplies.com and I always buy 12 rolls of the 924 tape at a time to make the shipping worth it. You won't regret this purchase. It has saved me hundreds of dollars and when you stick something, it is there to stay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Donna, Framingsupplies.com is an awesome place to buy. I have the 714 and I love it. I'm not sure when you would ever really need anything wider than 1/4"

    It holds like sticky strip but can also be removed before you stick it down if you put the adhesive in the wrong place, just like rubber cement, just rub it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also bought mine from framingsupplies and bought 10 rolls I think of the 60 yards. I use the yellow one with the 1/2 inch and found that I like it better than my 1/4 inch ones I like stuff to stick really good and having that 1/2 inch strip, boy does it stick!

    I had read on a message board when I was trying to make my decision on which to purchase that there had been a stop shipment on the red ones or something like that because of problems. I have no idea if that is true or not, but it DID influence my decision in buying the yellow. Plus, I like that I can use 3/4", 1/2", or 1/4" with an adapter.

    In the end, it's personal preference. Framingsupplies shipping hurts, hence buying the larger amount but they're cheaper price wise usually. And each time I've ordered from them, I've had mine within 3 days of ordering. The first was just the gun and a roll of tape. The second was the box of tapes I ordered. Do look because they have two separate sizes yardage wise and the larger one will save you a small amount.

    Have fun when you get it!

    Angelique

    ReplyDelete

Want to know the best way to look for a job? Check out http://jobhuntingwarrior.blogspot.com/

Feel free to add your pic, a pet's pic...whatever makes you happy!

Looking for the FREE ZONE (free blog background sites, free font sites...)

That information has been moved to the Imagine That Plus site so that this site will load faster (that one doesn't have as much, and everything is pretty much in posts & not at the bottom of every page so it loads at a pretty good rate).
  • Click HERE to go to the free fonts list
  • Click HERE to go to the list of Creative Memories consultants
  • Click HERE for the list of places that have free blog backgrounds
  • HERE is a list of very helpful Cricut links, including the ones above